Monday, October 17, 2011

Weekly Meal Plan


A frugal tip....PLAN, PLAN, PLAN! It really does save you money. I am trying to cut down on my food budget even more in the next few weeks...wish me luck :0)
Breakfast:
1. french toast
2. muffins & smoothie (from homemade yogurt!)
3. eggs & toast
4. homemade granola cereal & toast (or fruit?)
5. pancakes
6. spice cake (either made with rhubarb or zucchini)
7. homemade cinnamon raisin bread
Lunch:
1, Kielbasa, fries & corn
2. tuna melt & celery w/ p.b.
3. ham & cheese sandwich...and a side
4. hot dog casserole & fruit
5. pizza toast & applesauce
6. p.b. & J & apples & grapes
7. toasted cheese & tomato soup
Dinner:
1. Pizza roll (homemade) & green beans
2. hamburgers, potatoes & corn
3. Corndog patties & veggies
4. "stuff" with biscuits on top (we made it up!) & fruit
5. shepards pie & homemade bread
6. spaghetti & homemade garlic bread
7. "shake & bake" chicken, potatoes & veggies
Having a plan that's not too strict helps as I just pick & choose from the above menu...whatever we feel like cooking that day! another bonus...since I am prganized about my meal plans and food shopping...rob takes me on Sundays after church....and we go out for lunch! I'm sure he would not do this if I was just aimlessly walking arounf the store throwing "stuff" into the cart...and then after all of that ask him what he wants for dinner...LOL....he'd rahter stay home if that was the case! Either way....meal planning saves money and might just get you a date!

1 comment:

  1. Hi,Kim!

    Thank you for your comment on my blog! THought I'd come by and visit you ;)

    I love your menu plans! I recently got back into being diligent about planning our menus, too & have been looking for new breakfast ideas....I think I will be borrowing from your list!

    ReplyDelete