Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Object Lesson From God!

Yesterday we were doing our family devotional....titled..."Temporary Treasure"...the scripture reading to go along with it was Matthew 6:19-21....the devotional was about how we need to not hold tight to our earthly treasures....but work to store up treasures in heaven. It spoke of how we are to handle ourselves when things that we hold dear get broken or lost. (this is a children's devotional)....as I was turning the page I looked at my left hand....and....my diamond had fallen out of my wedding ring! Next to my Bible, my wedding ring is my moset "prized" possesion! I was upset...but this even was a gift from God! It was the perfect object lesson! I got all the kids around and within 2 minutes Kate (my 5yr old) found my little rock...on the throw rug in the kitchen! that was such a God thing! I then was able to sit down with the kids and explain how that really tied in with what the Word tells us. I'll bet that they will have that piece of scriputre hidden in their hearts due to God's object lesson!
By the way....I am getting my ring re-set and re0sized next week for about $100....so not too bad!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, Kim! What an amazing object lesson right there!

    I would be sad to lose my diamond, as well..not because of it's "value" but rather what it represents..I'm so glad it was found and you are getting it re-set..I'm sure the lesson was helpful for you and the kids!

    God Bless you and pray you are doing well!

    ReplyDelete