Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Obedience


As of late I have been doing a study on obedience to God. It has been convicting and forcing some soul searching...both for which I am grateful. In the last two weeks I have had two major events come up...My flesh was screaming for me to "take action"...and do SOMETHING! I have learned that the something I need to do is wait. First, I need to be willing to obey God...when He lets me know what course of action to take...I need to say "yes, Lord"...and then comes the hard part...ask Him..."what's next?"...and wait. I have learned that His timing is perfect & I screw stuff up. I am so thankful to have a Bible so I can learn. Each of those situations had nothing to do with me, really...but I was very involved...had I satisfied my flesh and acted hastily, without listening and obeying God step by step, other people's lives would have been effected. It's like a chain reaction.
Today I am not feeling well, so much time will be spent reflecting over what He has taught me...I

3 comments:

  1. It is so hard to tell that inner-person to be still and wait! Lessons I am learning right now, too.

    Hope you are feeling better soon - now it is my turn to pray for you! :)

    Blessings,
    Collette

    ReplyDelete
  2. Waiting upon the Lord's timing is never an easy choice to make. We always feel "our choice" would be better, but in many cases, it is not.

    I'm sorry to hear you are not feeling well. I pray that you will feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete