Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Frugal Bathroom and Family Closet

My bathroom is pretty small and needs some work. Someday :0) The pictures aren't the best as there really isn't much room to stand and take photos! I did the best I could! LOL
This is what my shower curtain looks like. Nothing fancy...I recently got it at Walmart...I had another one up that was pretty...but I wanted it to be brighter!
Here you see our washer and dryer...my husband bought these before we were married! We have done minor repairs, but they still work just fine! On the shelf above the washer and dryer is where I put my donations (tall white hamper), my mate-less sock bin ( my dryer snacks on socks!), cleaning supplies for the bathroom, and laundry soap/vinegar.
This shot shows my homemade curtain...again from a bed sheet...the things hanging on the wall are glass star things....they were given to us (they are cool up close!), the potty, and the vanity & mirrors. the vanity and mirrors were given to us by Rob's dad...they are the same ones he had growing up...FREE :0) They need to either go soon or be repaired...but for today, they are fine :0)
This is the scary part!!! the family closet...EEK! Each person has a shelf with 4 baskets. A shirt basket, a pants/skirts basket, underwear basket, and a p.j. basket. They may not have more clothes than fits in the baskets! Mine are the fullest...and I have 2 shelves...lol...

My husband and Ashley keep their clothes here....shelves right by the "secret room"...my kiddos call it that! LOL....I think that's a hoot!
this system REALLY REALLY REALLY works for us!! below this last photo is where we have our dirty clothes hampers...so it's easy as pie....everyone showers, and changes in the bathroom...no clothes leave this room (except for the ones you would be wearing!)...they are washed, folded, and put away all in the same room! How easy and efficent is that!! The family laundry room was all free! Rob built all the shelves out of stuff we had around! It really could use some paint....or something....but it's what works... beauty wouldn't get my laundry done, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment