Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Frugal School Tip

Just a little tip....and maybe I'm the only one who would do this...BUT...this is a tip on how to be able to re-use all of your home school materials...and never buy the same grade level twice!
It has always irritated me to have to re-buy a grade worth of books that I had already bought once...we use a lot of books that are consumable. I buy a ready made package of curriculum for a very cheap price, and they come in mostly consumable workbook type books. I love the curriculum, the price is SO right, and it really works for us! Again, not thrilled about spending money for something I already paid for more than once....call me crazy! LOL. So, this is what I did and it works very well....I just tore all the pages out of each consumable book and put them in a binder with page protectors. The kids don't write in them, they just simple use a notebook! This is a HUGE savings....I will teach (for instance) 6th grade at least (still praying for more kids!) 7 times. I paid $206 for 6th grade curriculum (all subjects...awesome deal!)...so if I were to buy that same package 7 times (becasue most of the books are consumable, but we like them) it would be paying $1,442 just to teach 6th grade 7 times. I bought it once at $206 and had to buy page protectors and binders...I didn't calculate the exact cost as I had some of the stuff here to do that with...but just say it was around $50 for supplies....that makes the curriculum now cost $256 for gth grade wich will be reused to teach all the kids....that's a savings of....$1,186! I'm sure some of you have better curriculum that can be re-used...but this is what I have found works for us! :0)
Blessings on your day!

1 comment:

  1. Great post, Kim! I love all your tips. I really enjoy the focus and theme of your new blog!

    I will be writing you soon..I got your email..today was just busy with finishing up a unit with school.

    Talk to you soon my dear sister!

    ReplyDelete